WJ RUBBERISED BITUMEN is an economical rubberised bitumen waterproofing paint that forms a thick waterproofing membrane suitable for a variety of waterproofing applications. WJ RUBBERISED BITUMEN is suitable for long-term immersion in water and will not taint the water. The product is compatible with most surfaces and will protect the surface from degrading. WJ RUBBERISED BITUMEN is water-based, non-flammable, safe and easy to apply.
Can be used to waterproof
- non-exposed areas, such as retaining walls and cavity walls
- cement dams and water features
- under-tile in showers, bathrooms and kitchens
- gutters, roof joints and roof screws
- safe and easy to apply
- water-based and non-flammable
- can be used on most surfaces and bonds well
- suitable for permanent immersion in water
- application tools can be cleaned with water
- protects substrate from degradation
- excellent weathering and ageing properties when coated with an approved UV-protection coating
Without a membrane, 1 s/m per litre per coat. Applied in a 2-coat application with a built-up reinforcement system, 0.3 s/m per litre applied in a 2-coat application.
- Ensure all substrates are thoroughly clean, sound, dry and free from any contaminants, such as dirt, salt, rust, algae and grease.
- Repair damage to sound condition.
- Metal surfaces: Prime metal surface with a solvent-based bituminous primer (BITUPRIME).
|Pack size||5L, 20L|
|No. of components||Single pack|
|Drying time||3-4 hours depending on climate|
|Topcoat||5-7 days after full cure|
|Curing time||7 days full cure|
|Application temperature||10 – 40 DEG C|
|Dry film temperature||-10 – 80 DEG C|
|Solvent resistance||Not resistant|
|Water tainting||Non-tainting after a good flushing after 7 days full cure|
|Water resistance||May be used under continuous water immersion|
|Shelf life||12 months|
|Storage conditions||Cool dry area below 25 DEG C; container should be well sealed|